Saturday 7 April 2012

Two of my must-have products


Yesterday I posted a blog about the foundations that I currently use. I also want to mention two other products that I use in conjunction with my foundation, and these are:

From left to right:
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (oil-free)
Clinique City Block , SPF 25, oil-free daily face protector


I tend to wear my Clinique City Block every day, under my foundation. It is an oil-free daily face protector as it has an SPF of 25. I know most of my foundations have an SPF in them, but I don’t tend to put foundation all over my face, only on the areas that need it. So I use my sun cream to make sure my whole face is protected. Apparently wrinkles are 90% environment (sun damage) and 10% genetic, and while I can’t do anything about my genetics, I can do something about the amount of sun damage my face gets. 

I also really like the Clinique City Block because it acts like a tinted moisturiser in that the cream is foundation-coloured, and gives you a light coverage. I don’t tend to wear it on its own, but it does even out my complexion to some degree, which means I tend to wear less foundation over it, which I like.

I have been using this product for years now and I don’t plan to stop. I might however consider looking at the City Block with a higher SPF because my skin is now more susceptible to sun damage (blog about this at a later stage).

The other product which I like to use is my Smashbox Photo Primer, which is an oil-free foundation primer. I really love this product because it tends to make my foundation last longer and also helps that my skin doesn’t become as oily during the day. I have definitely noticed a difference in that I don’t have to reapply powder during the day as much as I usually would have to.

Lv M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...